HAVE YOU EVER BEEN NUDGED BY GOD?
I have. There have been several instances throughout my life where I felt strongly I should do something out of the ordinary; depart from my normal agenda. A thought would enter my mind that seemed to come from nowhere and wouldn’t leave until I acted upon it.
I CALL THOSE NUDGES FROM GOD.
When God nudges you, here are 5 reasons why you should act on it:
- Obedience – When you act upon God’s nudge, you are being obedient to His calling. You play a small part of His bigger picture. Without you doing your part, you may be halting His chain of events intended to bless or teach someone else.
- Acknowledgment – When you act upon God’s nudge, you are acknowledging His authority. You recognize He is asking you do to something for Him. You act simply because You know God is God and He has a reason. You don’t need to understand why.
- Planting Seeds – When you act upon God’s nudge, you are planting seeds. You may never see the outcome of your actions. That’s Ok. God is responsible for making the planted seeds grow. You are responsible to do your part. Plant them.
- Blessings – When you act upon God’s nudge, your actions more often than not end up blessing someone. This happened to me this week on Facebook. Two or three scriptures I felt nudged to post ended up being the scriptures some of my readers needed for encouragement. Had I not followed God’s nudge, the recipients would have missed a message from God, and I would have missed the blessing of knowing God worked through me to encourage them.
- Joy – When you act upon God’s nudge, you experience joy. Joy in knowing you are doing His will. You are a team with God. Sure, He could work without you, but what a blessing for Him to invite you to come along on His pursuit to love others.
When you choose to be obedient to God, acknowledge His authority, labor in His kingdom planting seeds – others, along with yourself, will reap the blessings and joy God has in store for them.
CHOOSE TO BE A NUDGE FOLLOWER TODAY.
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9, ESV)
Prayer: Dear God, Help us to be nudge followers. Sometimes, Your nudges seem inconvenient. Sometimes they seem too hard to follow. Sometimes we’re just plain lazy. Sometimes we declare we don’t have time. Whatever our reason for resisting Your nudge, help us to realize we are just one piece of a much bigger picture. Like a missing puzzle piece, if we don’t do our part, the picture will be incomplete. Use us as Your vessels. Let us find joy in doing Your will. In Jesus’ precious name we pray, Amen.